Michael Schumacher

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Michael Schumacher

Post  Ashley Rushworth on Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:08 pm

What do you think about his return? Is it good he came back, or do you think he's just made a fool of himself?

My opinion is that it's great he's back, but a real shame he isn't as good anymore... he could of gave Lewis, Mark and that lot a real run for their money and made things a bit more interesting Very Happy I think it's the cars though, everything relies on the cars too much. Like, I bet if we stuck one of the worst drivers in a Red Bull, they would thrash the rest, and if we put Mark Webber in a Virgin, he would be terrible! Before in the days of Michael Schumacher, it used to rely a bit on the cars, but it was an even balance between skill as well Smile
Ashley Rushworth
Admin

View user profile http://undeadracers.forum-motion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Schumacher

Post  Adam Thrussell on Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:00 am

I think the reason that the drivers depend so much on car performance these days in that Michael himself raised the bar for drivers, much like Senna did, by ensuring he gave 100% to keeping himself in optimum fitness, building a team around him and working like a dog to ensure the car was as good as possible. Therefore, the only way anybody could hope to compete with him was to do pretty much the same.

In terms of his come back, its great to see him on the grid, and it has added one of the many sub-plots of this fantastic season. Unfortunately things haven't really gone for him and sometimes circumstances such as broken front wing in Australia and a small error at Silverstone have cost him massive points. Despite that, I think we've seen enough to warrant him giving it another go next year, when everyone's starting in the same place with the Pirelli tyres. If the tyres don't suit his style and he is unable to adapt, there can be no more excuses, and then will be the time to stop getting in the way of other people's careers such as Sutil and Heidfeld.

Adam Thrussell
Undead Racers Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top